Youth Operational Board and Special Projects Coordinator
Railroad Street Youth Project (RSYP) is a small, youth-founded organization dedicated to youth empowerment by supporting the creation of youth-generated activities that promote self-worth, responsibility, and inter-generational respect and communication. At RSYP youth take the lead. The YOB and Special Projects Coordinator is expected to embody this mission in day-to-day interactions with young people and in their approach to program implementation, development, and problem solving. This position requires a person who is upbeat, out-going and high energy, with a strong ability to connect with young people.
We are specifically looking for candidates with experience in outreach/building community with two of the three (not mutually exclusive) populations:
- LGBTQ+ youth
- Youth of Color, esp. Black youth
- Working class rural youth
The YOB and Special Projects Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and administration of the Youth Operational Board, 411 in the 413 Youth Conference, and collaborating as a facilitator and peer-health group coordinator in the Sexual Health Initiative. The Youth Operational Board is a group of young people who review and approve youth-inspired project proposals on a weekly basis, and support Special Events, Activities and Trips as requested/initiated by youth, including ongoing projects, such as the RYSW summer program, open mics, public art projects, and drop-in center clubs. The YOB and Special Projects Coordinator is a facilitator in the Sexual Health Initiative, which collaborates with schools, youth and community organizations to provide comprehensive sexual health curriculum and launch youth-generated peer-education.
The YOB and Special Projects Coordinator is a full-time, benefitted position. This position reports directly to the Deputy Director and oversees 2 YOB Interns, the 411 in the 413 Intern, the RYSE Intern, and other interns as assigned.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinate and supervise the Youth Operational Board, supporting youth to manage the agenda, launch projects, and facilitate community discussions.
- Conduct outreach and recruitment for YOB with the goal of developing a core leadership team of 10-15 youth annually.
- Manage and support youth planning for YOB projects, including events, trips and activities.
- Recruit and supervise Mt. Everett YOB Intern, Monument Mountain YOB Intern, RYSE Intern, and 411 in the 413 Youth Conference Intern.
- Coordinate International Day of Peace, 411 in the 413 Youth Conference, & other special events/projects.
- Manage Youth Operational Board budget and funding requests.
- Represent Youth Operational Board at Berkshire Youth Development Project meetings.
- Co-facilitate Get Real Sexual Health Curriculum at Monument Mountain Regional High school, Mt. Everett High School, and Simon’s Rock.
- Coordinate and support RYSE Summer Program.
- Track and report on attendance and outcomes for the Youth Operational Board, youth participating in YOB events and projects, 411 in the 413 and Sexual Health initiatives.
- Individual youth advocacy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree preferred, preferably in a related field such as psychology, sociology, social work, education or social justice related field.
- 2+ years experience in community or youth development programming and the desire to empower young people!
- Experience in event planning/production, community organizing, and/or outreach required.
- Experience/skills to work across social differences including, age, race, socio-economic, gender, sexuality and ability. Experience working in rural communities a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google docs/calendar. Adobe Creative Suite and Access a plus.
- Must have a hard-working ‘can do’ attitude, the ability to manage multiple projects, and the ability to deal with unexpected issues that come up.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and dependable transportation.
- Ability to work nights & weekends.
Please submit a cover letter addressing your fit for the position, as well as a current resume/cv to email@example.com.