Railroad Street Youth Student Empowerment program offers juniors and seniors in high school a chance to learn about how to prepare for life after high school. This group goes over themes like how to balance your life, goal setting, finances, FAFSA, and more! Sign up today! Applications close Friday May 1st!
Title: Deputy Director
Location: Great Barrington, MA (the Beautiful Berkshires)
Position: Full-time, leadership
Compensation: $60,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience
Special Benefits: Berkshire Passport ($500 annually for cultural, wellness, outdoor or fitness activities), $5000 housing benefit (one time)
Railroad Street Youth Project (RSYP) is a small, youth-founded youth organization dedicated to youth empowerment, in southern part of the beautiful Berkshires of western Massachusetts. AT RAILROAD STREET, YOUTH TAKE THE LEAD. They explore their full potential and become equipped to meet the challenging transition to adulthood. RSYP’s professional staff expertly pairs youth-generated ideas with community resources, empowering youth to create and oversee a wide range of innovative, life-changing projects. Unmatched in mission and scope, RSYP excels in helping youth find their voice and realize the benefits of their commitment to themselves and their community.
The position – The Deputy Director is responsible for:
- Supporting the Executive Director to develop and implement strategic goals, policies, programs, community collaborations and initiatives.
- Overseeing program and facility operations and maintaining, cultivating and expanding community partnerships strategic to RSYP’s mission.
- Providing mission-driven leadership and guidance to staff, volunteers and community partners across all programs and initiatives.
- Directing and managing program evaluation and assessment systems and creating program reports for the Executive Director, Board of Directors and funders.
- Curating and leading communication strategy to shape and focus mission-centered messaging across all platforms and constituencies.
Core Qualifications – The Deputy Director embodies RSYP’s mission in day-to-day interactions with young people and approach to leadership, strategic planning and program development, implementation, and problem solving. This position requires a person to have six core competencies:
- Evidenced passion for asset/empowerment-based youth development matching experience in the field of youth work
- Strategic leadership and program/administrative management experience
- Strong skill sets in social justice and cultural competency literacies and experience working across social differences including age, race, socio-economic status, gender, sexuality and ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to both write clearly and speak publicly
- Ability to build strong collaborative community relationships with individuals and organizations
- Availability to work occasional nights & weekends
RSYP is an equal opportunity employer. People who identify as working class, people of color, multiracial, women, genderqueer, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer and differently abled are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Southern Berkshire Community Health Coalition, Railroad Street Youth Project, and Multicultural BRIDGE came together to make a series of videos to help parents and teens have conversations about substance use.