Director of Development – Position Announcement , August 2020
Railroad Street Youth Project (RSYP) is a small, youth-founded youth organization dedicated to youth empowerment, in southern part of the beautiful Berkshires of western Massachusetts. AT RAILROAD STREET, YOUTH TAKE THE LEAD. They explore their full potential and become equipped to meet the challenging transition to adulthood. RSYP’s professional staff expertly pairs youth-generated ideas with community resources, empowering youth to create and oversee a wide range of innovative, life-changing projects. Unmatched in mission and scope, RSYP excels in helping youth find their voice and realize the benefits of their commitment to themselves and their community.
The position – The Director of Development is responsible for:
- Supporting the Executive Director to develop and implement strategic development goals and activities.
- Leading the development efforts to raise an annual budget of approximately $800,000.
- Overseeing, planning and directly implementing fundraising and cultivation events and special campaigns.
- Directing fund development activities including researching donor, foundation and government prospects, proposal development and review, and donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Curating and co-leading communication strategy to shape and focus mission-centered messaging across all platforms and constituencies.
Core Qualifications – The Director of Development embodies RSYP’s mission in day-to-day interactions with young people and approach to fund development, strategy, problem solving and leadership. This position requires a person to have the following core competencies:
- Evidenced passion for asset/empowerment-based youth development and ability share it with others.
- Enjoyment, curiosity and ease connecting with people and exploring shared interests and passions.
- Experience in the field of development, or translatable field, and excitement to share and grow it.
- Strong skill sets in social justice and cultural competency literacies and experience working across social differences including age, race, socio-economic status, gender, sexuality and ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to both write clearly and speak publicly
- Availability to work occasional nights & weekends
To Apply – Please send a resume and cover letter to Ananda Timpane, Executive Director, c/o Maeve Dillon, Development Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority deadline August 28, 2020.
RSYP is an equal opportunity employer. People who identify as working class, people of color, multiracial, women, genderqueer, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer and differently abled are strongly encouraged to apply.