***Job description is subject to change slightly over time
Railroad Street Youth Project, a non-profit organization empowering South Berkshire youths since 1999, is searching for a new YOB Coordinator.
The YOB Coordinator will assist RSYP Staff in facilitating the direction of RSYP programs and projects, along with assists to office functions and RSYP events. This will be a part-time, 10$ per hour, 7-10* hours per week position that is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Specific Duties Include:
• Makes and maintains contact with local youth, assists with RSYP recruitment for programs and projects.
• Has full knowledge of all RSYP programs and projects in order to communicate with community members and present and/or potential volunteers and partners.
• Working on improvement strategies to recruit new YOB members, improve attendance and retention, and communication between YOB members.
• Motivating young people to participate in and engage with YOB and YOB related events or activities.
• Supporting youth-inspired projects from the weekly Y.O.B. meetings.
• Develop & strengthen relationships with community organizations, schools, community residents & volunteers. Expand the community involvement in and awareness of RSYP programming.
• Utilize and maintain evaluation of constituents and programs using ImProve database. Assist with grant reporting as needed.
• Works with RSYP Participants to develop new ideas, proposals and projects.
• Facilitates weekly YOB meetings and works with YOB subcommittees.
• Works with approved project proposals assisting with project follow-through and success.
• Perform other duties/special projects as assigned.
• Experience in community or youth development programming, youth empowerment, working with young people in developing a sense of agency and creativity.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Facebook, iMovie, iPhoto, and/or experience hosting a You Tube channel preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel (2000 and above) preferred.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability and/or willingness to engage in and facilitate conversations and situations that are personally and mentally challenging
• Ability to work occasional nights & weekends.
• Must reside in or be willing to move to South or Central Berkshire County.
• Must be available Tuesdays at least from 3pm to 5pm.
• Having a reliable means of transportation preferred
Priority deadline: February 22nd
Position begins on or before March 11th, 2013.
*Hours may change